SCALE PO2 SPINAL POINTS 29-32 £37,336 up to £40,221
Term Time working can be considered (with a pro-rata salary)
We have an exciting key vacancy of HR Manager in our inspirational and inclusive school. The successful candidate will share our aspiration to excellence and work closely with the Headteacher and Finance & Operations Director. We are a happy and thriving school committed to excellence, equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome colleagues from all backgrounds into our community. Academically, BVGS is one of the leading state schools in the country.
We are looking for someone to provide an efficient and professional HR Service to the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and Board of Governors. This is a full time role working all year round, however term time working can be considered.
Duties will include:
- Providing advice and guidance on all HR related matters including HR casework & employee relations
- Leading on recruitment and selection
- Undertaking pre-employment checks
- Leading on transactional HR administration throughout the employee life-cycle
- Maintenance of HR recording systems in accordance with GDPR
- Production and revision of HR policies
- Preparing papers and participation at Board of Governor Committee meetings
- Maintaining the Single Central Record
- Producing the School Workforce Census
- Line Manager for the HR & Finance Assistant and Senior Lunchtime Supervisor
- Managing Support Staff Performance Development
Do you have:
- The CIPD or an equivalent qualification?
- GCSE Grade 9-4 (A-C) in English and Maths or equivalent?
- In depth knowledge of current employment legislation and HR best practice?
- Experience of child protection issues and a commitment to safeguarding students and staff?
- Substantial experience of working in a HR advisory and transactional administrative environment?
- Proactive, self-motivated, organised and intuitive?
- Accurate and methodical, with the ability to cope with conflicting demands and deadlines?
- An excellent communicator with the ability to support colleagues in a positive way?
- Wanting to be part of a warm, outward-looking community, which celebrates diversity and is supportive and collaborative?
- Able to converse at ease with parents/carers/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English?
If so, we would encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Closing date: Monday 11th
March 2024 at 12.00 noon
Interview date: Monday 18th March 2024
Candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check together with Identity, Right to Work, pre-employment medical and reference checks. An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all shortlisted candidates.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
To apply for this vacancy return to the previous page and download the application form for support staff.
Please return your completed application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications by CV. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a high volume of applications, you are therefore encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application.
|Support Staff Vacancies