Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School
Privacy notice for alumni, friends and supporters
The privacy and data security of our alumni, friends and supporters is important to Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School (BVGS). This notice specifically relates to personal data processed by the Development Office in its work to build a more vibrant, engaged community. The Development Office is a department of BVGS that has responsibility for alumni relations, events, and fundraising and charitable giving to the School. The Office works in accordance with the School’s Data Protection Policy. In addition, the following notice sets out how the Development Office uses your data.
We are committed at every level to making sure that our communications with you are secure, considered and welcome. All personal data is held and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the School’s Data Protection Policy which can be found in the policies section of the School’s website and other relevant legislation.
Any personal data is stored securely, with access restricted to authorised personnel only. Most information that we hold will have been obtained directly from you.
Personal data held and processed by the Development Office may include:
- Biographical information including your name, gender and date of birth
- Your contact details and communication preferences
- Your education history
- Your clubs and societies affiliations and your other connections with the School
- Your professional activities and employment
- Your interests and extra-curricular activities
- Information you have publicly shared on social media
- Your volunteering activity for the School including alumni volunteering
- Your family and partner/spousal details
- Your relationships with other Vesey alumni, donors and friends
- Your donation history and wealth assessment information
- Records of communications and interactions we have had with you
- Your attendance at School events