SENIOR OFFICE MANAGER – FULL TIME DURING TERM TIME + 2 WEEKS
Required 1st September 2022
APT&C SCALE SO2 POINTS 26-28 £30,984 up to £32,798 pro rata
Actual salary = £28,195 up to £29,846 per annum
We have an exciting key opportunity to lead the team in the main school office of our inspirational and inclusive school. The successful candidate will share the aspirational ambitions of our school and work closely with the Finance & Operations Director to manage and support various office functions. We are a happy and thriving school committed to equality and diversity. We welcome colleagues from all backgrounds into our community. Our school is one of the leading state schools in England.
Duties will include:
- Managing the main school office staff to enable the delivery of a professional and efficient administrative service in a timely and accurate manner for the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team
- Devising new systems as required to improve business efficiency and quality standards
- Overall responsibility for attendance, admissions, school communications to parents and students, the reception, telephone and email enquiry service, first aid provision and the reprographics service
- Ensuring SIMS is set up and profiled each academic year and updated with admissions and student records
- Responsibility for the school calendar, staff handbook and prospectus
- Assisting in organisation of school events.
Do you have:
- Significant experience of working in an office environment with experience of working collaboratively to manage a team?
- Experience of working with a high level of autonomy with minimum supervision?
- Proven planning and organisational skills with an eye for detail?
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills?
- Detailed knowledge and experience of using a broad range of software applications, including Microsoft applications?
- Wanting to be part of a warm, outward looking community, which celebrates diversity and is supportive and collaborative?
- Educated to GCSE grade 9-4 (A*-C) in English Language or equivalent?
- Able to complete work to the required standards of accuracy and presentation?
- Able to work in a pressurised environment with the ability to organise and prioritise work?
- Flexible to cope with interruptions and manage conflicting demands?
- Able to converse at ease with parents/carers/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English?
If so we would encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to lead our main school office team.
Closing Date: Monday 8th August 2022 at 10.00 am
Interview Date: Friday 19th August 2022
To arrange a pre-application visit or an informal chat about this new role please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager via email@example.com or by telephone on (0121) 250 5400.
Candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification.
Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check together with Identity, Right to Work, medical, qualification and reference checks.
To apply for this vacancy return to the previous page and download the application form for support staff.
Please return your completed application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications by CV.
We look forward to receiving your application.
|Job Category||Support Staff Vacancies|
|Job Level||Support Staff|