SENIOR PE TECHNICIAN & LEAD ON HOCKEY – TERM TIME
FIXED TERM – SEPTEMBER 2018 TO 31 AUGUST 2019
APT&C SCALE 6 POINTS 26-28 £23,398 – £24,964 pro rata
Actual salary = £20,454 to £21,823 per annum
We have an exciting key role of Senior PE Technician & Lead on hockey available in our dynamic and progressive academy. The successful candidate will share the aspirational ambitions of our school and work closely with the Director of Sport and PE Team to continue development of our Sports provision, The successful candidate will have specific responsibility for leading provision of Hockey and the partnership with the Wilson Stuart school. Our school is one of the top state schools in England and was judged ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED in 2014. We have a rich history of sport and achieve very high standards in all major sports – rugby, rowing, cricket, hockey, netball, football, as well as tennis, swimming, cross-country and athletics. Global tours are a strong feature of our sports programme.
This is a full time role during term time with an expectation to get involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
Duties will include:
- Leading the provision of hockey
- Coaching and development of the boys hockey squads
- Delivering coaching sessions at lunchtimes, afternoons and after school
- Leading the partnership with Wilson Stuart school
Do you have:
- The UKCC England Hockey Coach Award?
- 6 months experience of playing or coaching national league hockey?
- Accomplished communication, planning, time management and organisational skills?
- The ability to manage student behaviour?
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-reliant?
- Passionate about sports coaching
- Punctual and reliable?
- Able to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English?
If so we would encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Closing Date: Friday 9th March 2018 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Week commencing 12th March 2018
To arrange a pre-application visit or an informal chat about this new role please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (0121) 250 5400.