PE TECHNICIAN & DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT – TERM TIME
FIXED TERM – SEPTEMBER 2018 TO 31 AUGUST 2019
APT&C SCALE 3 POINTS 14-17 £16,781 – £17,772 pro rata
Actual salary = £14,670 to £15,537 per annum
We have an exciting key role of PE Technician and Development Assistant available in our dynamic and progressive academy. The successful candidate will share the aspirational ambitions of our school and work closely with the Director of Sport for 0.6 FTE of the role to continue development of our sports provision. The Development Assistant part of the role will be 0.4 FTE, these tasks are focussed on assisting the Development Director to grow engagement with our parents, alumni and Corporate Partners. The successful candidate will have a keen interest and talent in sport whilst also having the skills to organise networking events, the annual golf day and support the Development Office with admin tasks. Our school is one of the top state schools in England and was judged ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED in 2014. We have a rich history of sport and achieve very high standards in all major sports – rugby, rowing, cricket, hockey, netball, football, as well as tennis, swimming, cross-country and athletics. Global tours are a strong feature of our sports programme.
This is a full time role during term time with an expectation to get involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
Duties will include:
- Leading and planning lunchtime sports activities
- Delivering daily lunchtime sport activities and after school sessions
- Assisting the Development Director to deliver the Development & Fundraising Strategy.
Do you have:
- 6 months experience coaching hockey, cricket or rugby in a club or work environment?
- Accomplished communication, planning, time management and organisational skills?
- Personal commitment to continuous self-development?
- The ability to manage student behaviour?
- Proactive, self-motivated and intuitive?
- Passionate about sports coaching?
- Punctual and reliable?
- Able to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English?
If so we would encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Closing Date: Friday 9th March 2018 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Week commencing 12th March 2018
To arrange a pre-application visit or an informal chat about this new role please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager via email@example.com or by telephone on (0121) 250 5400.