FULL TIME 36.50 HOURS PER WEEK
APT&C SCALE 5 POINTS 22-25 £21,074 – £23,111
We have an exciting key vacancy for a Senior ICT Technician in our dynamic and progressive academy. The successful candidate will share the aspirational ambitions of our school and work closely with the ICT Network Manager to provide a full range of technical support within the school. Our school is one of the top state schools in England and was judged ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED in 2014.
Duties will include:
- Providing an efficient and effective ICT technical support service to the school
- Deputising for the ICT Network Manager in their absence
- Supporting the maintenance and development of IT resources
- Providing ongoing training and support sessions for staff and students
- Assisting with classroom and curriculum support as appropriate
- Managing the ICT helpdesk
- Assisting in the setup and maintenance of lighting and sound equipment for school events and productions
Do you have:
- Relevant and significant experience of providing technician support in a school, education or commercial environment, including Microsoft and Apple operating systems?
- GCSE 9-4/A*-C in English, Maths and ICT?
- Microsoft MCP/MCSA certification or Comp TIA A+/Network+/Security+ certification?
- The drive and ambition to keep up to date with your technical knowledge and skills?
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills ?
- Able to take control of a situation in the event of a high priority incident occuring?
- Able to work in a pressurised environment with the ability to organise and prioritise work?
- Able to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English?
If so we would encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Closing Date: Friday 18th January 2019 at 12 noon
Interview Date: 25th January 2019