Following retirement of the current post holder, we are looking to appoint an experienced Technician on a term time basis to support our IT Team in providing an efficient and effective IT technical support service across the school.
- 12 months experience of providing technician support in a school, educational or commercial environment.
- 12 months experience of supporting and troubleshooting wired & wireless networks.
- 12 months experience of implementing system upgrades and carrying out server maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft operating systems including Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/Windows 10.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office platforms including Office 2016 and Office 365.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Exchange/SharePoint Server.
- Knowledge and experience of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- 12 months experience of installing applications on client server networks.
- Installation and configuration of internal and external computer hardware.
- 12 months knowledge and experience of schools MIS systems.
- 12 months experience of troubleshooting and supporting backup applications and systems.
- 12 months experience of installation and monitoring of Sophos anti-virus software.
- Knowledge and experience of PowerShell scripting.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Virtualisation platforms.
- 12 months experience of using Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work methodically, quickly and accurately
- Excellent time management, organisation and planning skills.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Customer focused
- Ability to meet the daily challenges and take charge/control of a situation in the event of a high priority incident occurring.
- Ability to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential
- Willingness to undertake additional training as required.
- GCSE A* – C/9-4 in English, Maths & ICT
- Other relevant ICT training
- To ensure that at all times the ICT facilities across the school are fully functional and maintained.
- To work proactively to ensure that equipment is protected from damage or misuse and report any findings to the Network Manager.
- To deliver and set up portable and non-portable ICT equipment as required by staff.
- To be responsible for the general day to day maintenance of the school ICT equipment.
- Maintain and update network documentation and inventories.
- Ensure patch management and anti-virus systems are functioning correctly.
- To check the anti-virus software across the whole school network and address alerts accordingly.
- To ensure daily backup checks and conduct regular restore tests.
- Monitoring and updating the school’s IT helpdesk portal for ensuring a timely resolution to requests and issues logged.
- To maintain a daily work log, recording details of tasks undertaken and regular reporting to other members of the department.
- Diagnose any hardware or software issues and either implement a resolution or escalate the issue.
- Escalate issues to IT support companies when required in an efficient manner.
- To help maintain school’s website and update content when required in order to ensure information present is current.
- To provide technical support during the in-service training of staff by prior arrangement
- To provide support to other ICT activities that are taking place within the school. E.g. e-Learning, Computer Club, Parents ICT Support.
- Promote the effective use of ICT facilities to staff and students, including creating and maintaining user guides.
- To be aware of and contribute to, plans designed to increase the security of the ICT equipment to protect against loss of equipment and data.
- To maintain logs of site licences and be aware of the legal implications relating to the use of ICT within the school.
- To ensure that staff and pupils are protected from inappropriate material published on the internet by being aware of potential safeguarding issues and adhere to the LA’s and school’s agreed and adopted Internet Safety policies.
- Adhere to Data Protection legislation in order to minimise the sensitive data exposure risk.
- Assist in the development of the schools ICT systems.
- To promote the safeguarding and welfare of people you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- To ensure all tasks are carried out with due regard to Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- To ensure all tasks are carried out with due regard to all school policies and procedures including the Equality & Diversity Policy and Staff Code of Conduct.
- To undertake appropriate professional development including adhering to the principle of performance development.
- Develop professional and productive relationships with all colleagues and stakeholders.
- To adhere to the ethos of the school.
- To promote the agreed vision and aims of the school.
- To set an example of personal integrity and professionalism
- Attendance at staff meetings, parent evenings and school events as appropriate.
- Any other duties as commensurate within the grade in order to ensure the smooth running of the school.
To apply for this vacancy return to the previous page and download the application form for teaching or support staff.
Please return your completed application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.
|Job Category||Support Staff Vacancies|
|Job Level||IT Network Technician|
|Job Industry||IT Technician|